DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Associate Vice President, International Education (AVPIE) reports to the Vice President, Student Affairs (VPSA) to provide strategic leadership in planning, developing, promoting, delivering, and evaluating the effectiveness of the College’s international partnerships and activities. The AVPIE provides general oversight to Douglas International and works collaboratively with Student Affairs and the Future Student Office to recruit international students, and to coordinate the provision of student services. The AVPIE works closely with the President, Senior Management Team, and the Vice President Academic’s Council (VPAC) to accomplish the objectives of the Douglas College Strategic Plan.
• Provide strategic advice and recommendations to the President, the VP Student Affairs, and the Senior Management Team on international activities, opportunities, and partnerships
• Provide leadership in developing and promoting an effective internationalization plan and international Strategic Enrolment Management
• Lead College-wide internationalization activities, including strategic international partnership development, inbound and outbound student programs, employee exchange and research opportunities
• Support and advance a vision that champions equity, diversity, and inclusion as an integral component of all College business and foster a supportive and respectful work and learning environment
The Associate Vice President, International Education is accountable for the following:
• Provide strategic and administrative management of Douglas International, including Human Resources, budget, and financial matters
• Provide prudent leadership in managing potential financial and reputational risks related to international activities, including effective recruitment agent management
• In consultation with the President, VPA, and VPSA, negotiate international agreements, strategic partnerships, letters of intent and contracts on behalf of the College
• Ensure that, in accordance with Government directives and College policy, all strategic international partnership activities recover direct and indirect costs, and provide additional revenues to supplement overall College resources
• Through the Douglas International management team, recruit, retain, supervise, and provide leadership and direction to the employees in Douglas International, including selection, evaluation and supervision of the excluded employees, unionized employees, and non-unionized contract employees
• Ensure adherence to collective agreement provisions determining the method and terms of compensation for contracted employees and specialized project contracts
Internal and External Engagement
• Travel nationally and internationally on behalf of the College to develop new international partnerships and maintain and expand existing alliances with institutions, corporations, consortia, and governments
• Oversee the planning and execution of all international trips undertaken by the President and College representatives, ensure adherence to international protocols and local cultures
• Act as the liaison between the Office of the President and representatives of external governments, diplomatic service corps, and international organizations
• Act as the College’s key contact person for international partners, agencies, groups, associations, and College employees working internationally
• Represent the College and College interests to government agencies, other institutions, various organizations, and groups locally, nationally, and internationally
• Establish, develop, and maintain the College’s relationships with local international Consular corps and other diplomatic representatives, and Canadian missions abroad
Student Experience & Services
• Lead the establishment and delivery of support systems for international students to facilitate their entry into Canada and the College, and to assist them in adapting to the Canadian educational and socio-cultural environment
• Support initiatives to advance and increase opportunities for international student recruitment, resources, and experiences
• Support and advance resources for international students seeking accommodations and learner supports
• Acting on behalf of the VPSA upon request; and
• Performing other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
The AVPIE will be an engaged and proactive leader with established professional credibility, as evidenced by a graduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution (terminal degree preferred) in international relations, business, or a related area of study. The successful candidate will have ten (10) years of progressively responsible post-secondary experience, in international student recruitment, strategic enrolment management, and education initiatives, including a minimum of five (5) years in academic administration and leadership. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire innovation and collaboration while meeting the evolving and diverse needs of international students and partners. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated commitment to student-centered post-secondary education
• Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational priorities within a complex academic environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations operating in relation to international education in Canada and internationally;
• Demonstrated knowledge of trends and best practices in international education and direct experience with student success and retention;
• Demonstrated ability to create, develop, maintain, promote and evaluate strategic international partnerships;
• Demonstrated experience in international marketing;
• Demonstrated experience in successful administrative and financial management of revenue- generating operations;
• Demonstrated superior strategic-thinking, analytical, entrepreneurial and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to model appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behaviours consistent with the responsibilities of this position;
• Demonstrated experience in intercultural communications, international business, governmental and diplomatic relations, and public relations;
• Demonstrated ability to ensure effective decision-making in a collegial environment;
• Demonstrated progressive managerial experience, including budgeting, recruitment and performance management experience, preferably in a unionized, public sector environment;
• Fluency in multiple languages and lived international experience is strongly preferred.
• Visionary, big picture thinker
• Professional, respectful, and collaborative
• Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies and intercultural sensitivities, with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Accessible, open, and collegial; builds collaborative opportunities and relationships
• Inspiring, effective, and transparent
• Fair-minded mediator and negotiator, with the ability to collaborate across a broad range of stakeholders to create common purpose and build consensus
• Principled decision-maker with sound judgement
• Proven ability to make, and be accountable for, difficult decisions and strategic risks
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and connect others
• Innovative & Entrepreneurial Approach – Seeks out possibilities, develops new ideas, and effectively moves them forward. Is creative, innovative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the College.
• Market Knowledge – Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field and is committed to continuous learning; one that is self-motivated and self- directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
• Sound Financial and Policy Management – Has a demonstrated record of success in fiscal management. Understands the complexities of efficiently running a large organization. Is able to create and evaluate policies and practices.
• Communications Skills – Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Develops and delivers effective presentations. Has the ability to present information and ideas to diverse business groups.
• Influential and Collaborative – Has an honest, open, and consistent approach to working with others toward organizational strategic objectives and possesses strong relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and develop and maintain partnerships.
• Organizationally Astute – Is diplomatic and tactful; non-confrontational; recognizes internal and external sensitivities; has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions; uses sound judgment.
• Energetic & Adaptable – Is prepared to take on longer-term initiatives and does so with enthusiasm; ability to adapt to new and changing situations; able to alter course/direction when necessary; enjoys and embraces new challenges. Flexible; able to deal with stress effectively.
Should you be interested in learning more about this unique opportunity with Douglas College, please contact Carol Robinson, Harbour West Consulting at 604-998-4032 or forward your resumé, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for three references, in confidence, to email@example.com.
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).