Vancouver Community College
We acknowledge that Vancouver Community College (VCC) is located on the traditional unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples who have been stewards of this land from time immemorial.
For over 55 years, VCC has been a leader in innovative, experiential post-secondary learning. We’re one of B.C’s top employers and we are proud to inspire students to discover their passions, gain essential skills, and learn what it takes to succeed in a competitive workforce.
At VCC, we respect and celebrate our differences, and are committed to the work of decolonization, accessibility, and inclusivity for all. Be a part of creating an inclusive community that provides equitable opportunities for Indigenous and diverse representation, participation, and success for everyone.
We value lived experience and encourage applications from members of all groups experiencing barriers to equity. Come join the VCC community as we shape the future together.
Reporting to the Manager, International Student Services, the International Student Immigration Advisor is responsible for providing knowledge, advice and counseling regarding the international student admission process. Evaluates application and academic documents ensuring information is complete, identifies deficiencies and works with applicants to facilitate the process. As a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA) or Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), the position provides immigration advising services to international students, as well as supports the delivery of workshops on immigration topics.
1. Responds to students, both in writing and orally, on complex queries concerning documentation and program admissibility, admissions, and registration procedures and policies. Maintains regular internal and external contacts.
2. Advises international students on matters pertaining to the selection, transfer and withdrawal of courses. Refers qualified international applicants to relevant academic or career program departments within the College as needed.
3. Organizes and/or conducts group program information sessions for international students.
4. Advises international students on admission deficiencies, provides appropriate referrals and assists in terms of specific admission and registration requirements and processes.
5. Evaluates applications and academic documents from international students and ensures proper processing of such applications.
6. Advises international students on relevant sections of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website and policy, including eligibility for study and work permits and provides thorough guidance on risks and issues regarding immigration status.
7. Networks and connects with RISIA and RCIC colleagues to share information and gather updated information on immigration policy
8. Provides support to the Manager, International Student Services and the International Student Coordinator on immigration advising services and initiatives
9. Assists with immigration workshops on study and work permits, including co-leading sessions and answering student questions.
10. Assists with orientations by checking students in, co-presenting on topics, and answering student questions.
11. Liaises with faculty, counselors, admissions staff and partner institutions regarding applications, pre-requisites, assessments and specific applications.
12. Liaises (under the lead of VCC International Education) with designated agencies regarding admissions and other related requests.
13. Reviews and makes recommendations for updating admission documents.
14. Maintains up-to-date reference file for Canadian and foreign documents.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in humanities, social sciences, business or a related field and over 2 years related experience working within a post-secondary institution in an international setting, working directly with international students, or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
– A member in good standing of the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA).
Skills and Abilities
– Considerable knowledge of:
College admissions policies and the criteria used in determining suitability for admission to various College programs and courses.
National and international education documentation; and
Certificate, diploma and degree requirements in BC post-secondary educational institutions and BC Secondary School graduation requirements and documents.
– Knowledge and understanding of visa and work permit requirements that affect international students.
– Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
– Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement.
– Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle potentially difficult and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy.
– Ability to function professionally and efficiently during periods of high stress.
– Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several time-sensitive issues at any given time.
– Effective oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to compose letters and memoranda including those of a non-routine nature.
– Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
– Demonstrated high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
– Proven ability to be creative resourceful, and solution oriented.
– Fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Punjabi, or Vietnamese (the specific language fluency requirement coincides with the specific position portfolio requirement).
– Sound knowledge of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requirements for visas, study permits, work permits, and work authorization for international students.
– Ability to demonstrate a high level of discretion and judgement, when advising on immigration matters that affect international students’ status.
To apply for this position, please click on the “website” link above.
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).