Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (714)
To provide administrative support to KPU International’s Office of International Recruitment, Admissions & Articulation, the Office of Global Engagement, and the Office of International Strategic Management. The International Support Assistant’s (ISA) primary duties are to assist in providing administrative support and advice regarding KPU’s services and programs for international students and relevant stakeholders. As a member of the International team, the ISA will support current and/or prospective students and agents with general inquiries and process various documentation as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Successful completion of an undergraduate Diploma.
• Minimum two years’ experience working with international students, including an understanding of other cultures and the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural working environment.
• Demonstrated working experience with and knowledge of International Admissions processes, international student services, immigration regulations, and transition programs.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Student BANNER (intermediate level preferred) or a similar records- based system.
• Ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative, and service-oriented relationships with internal and external clients (applicants, agents, faculty, staff and prospective & current learners), with diverse situations and people.
• Oral and written fluency in English and a secondary language such as Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, or another language consistent with departmental priorities in one of KPU’s target markets is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task, apply organizational skills to meet deadlines, use problem solving skills.
• Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently, establish own priorities and meet deadlines.
• In depth knowledge of admission and registration processes and the ability to follow established processes. Ability to analyze and recommend improvements in business process, practice, policy and procedures.
• Excellent cross-cultural skills — proven ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically diverse population.
• Proven ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to represent a post-secondary institution or other similar organizations with tact and diplomacy in all settings.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Knowledge of university programs and courses including credit and non-credit offerings, university policies, fees, immigration, registration, and student medical insurance.
• Aptitude for exacting and detail oriented work.
• Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level with complex database systems such as Excel and Access.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Teams, and Outlook.
• Understanding of Grade Point Average (GPA) calculation in Canada and conversion from other education systems.
• Ability to travel and/or work at various campuses.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Minimum of 45 wpm keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy.
• Able to lift and carry materials in the range of 30 to 50 lbs.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please apply using the “website” link above.
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).