At Univar Solutions, we believe our culture is second to none. Imagine the stability of a multi-national corporation, with the comradery of a start-up. We foster a friendly, welcoming, high-performance environment where every idea and initiative is given the respect and attention it deserves. We’re proud to offer our employees:
• Competitive salaries
• Comprehensive Medical/dental benefits
• Industry leading pension plan
• Bonus opportunities
• Paid training and development programs at every level
• Global career advancement and mentoring opportunities
• Education allowance
Our team is successful due to our mix of diverse backgrounds, education, experience and careers, and we are proud to be included on the Alberta Top 75 Employer list and a recipient of Canada’s Safest Employer award!
About the position
Are you looking for an extremely rewarding Account Manager position within a focused industry, which will further develop your outbound sales, communication, and relationship-building skills? We are now searching for a talented, hands-on, and goal-oriented individual who likes to surpass the goals and excel in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a key strategic team member to the Personal Care and Pharmaceutical and sales teams. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for meeting clients face-to-face and exploring new prospects.
What you’ll do
• Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
• Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
• Enhance Univar Solutions Canada position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
• Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory.
• Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
• Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar Solutions targets.
• Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
• Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
• Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
• Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
• Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar Solutions Canada employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
• Serve as initial contact for international chemical distribution opportunities.
• Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer interaction.
• Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues.
What we would like from you
• 5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
• Bachelor’s degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred)
• Possess knowledge and experience with the pharmaceutical and personal care manufacturing and buying processes preferred
• Experience with longer sales cycles or cyclical projects
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
• Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
• Demonstrated competitive drive for results
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
• Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
• Strong business acumen, including an understanding of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
• Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections to close a sale
• Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
What do we do?
Univar Solutions is a leading global chemical distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals, food ingredients and related products and services. Our wide Canadian distribution network, with locations coast-to-coast, helps guarantee fast, reliable service to Univar’s customers. Across North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, our nearly 9,000 employees serve over 100,000 customers, representing nearly every major industry and a highly diverse set of end markets.
Safety is our top priority, the foundation for all aspects of our global business operations. Safe transport and storage of products, safe operational practices and safe working conditions enable us to protect our employees, customers, suppliers and the environment. To read more about our successes and what we do, please visit: www.univar.com
Sounds awesome? Here’s how you apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to UnivarJobs@UnivarSolutions.com. Indicate the job identification number in the subject line of your email. Please note: all candidates are subject to background and reference checks. Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Univar Solutions.
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).