Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North American Retail Expansion team.
The job is simple: make everything available to everyone all the time at the best possible price. The requirements are almost as simple – we’re looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren’t afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity and ambiguous requirements to empower our customers to shop the World. No two features are ever the same and our customers are hungry for every single one!
If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. If you want to work on the fulfilment technologies that bring increased selection and a premier delivery experience across all of North America, we want to talk to you. If you want to work on internet scale to positively touch millions of customers’ experiences then we want to talk to you!
We are part of the International Consumer Tech team with a focus on Canadian, Mexican and other Latin American customers. And we’re growing! We’re looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code and who love to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available. We’re looking for engineers who are able to design and develop beautiful front-end UI as well as the massively scalable backend services to support it. We’re seeking engineers who are comfortable driving the end to end solution and who can do so in an autonomous creative manner.
We’re looking for the thought leaders and trailblazers because we’re sailing to the edge of the map and into new territory. As part of our team you will be assigned on a large-scale Retail-wide project and have significant impact to fundamentally influence and change the technology of how Amazon Retail expands into new countries.
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Development Engineer who can take the lead in identifying and solving the many ambiguous and complex problems you will encounter across multiple Retail systems and teams. You will own and heavily influence the architecture and design, and will write a significant portion of the “critical-path” code. You will influence our team’s and other Retail teams’ technical and business strategy as we shape Amazon’s future country expansion.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or equivalent education & work experience.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems
· Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
· Strong computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complex analysis
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please apply via the “website” link above.
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).