Vancouver Latin American Film Festival
VLAFF is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic person to work with us as the Festival Director to produce the 20th Anniversary edition of the Vancouver Latin American Film Festival, August 25 – September 4, 2022. This is a hands-on and public position involving significant event production, media and public relations, program development and implementation, financial management, sponsor and donor outreach, and human resources management.
The Festival Director will work in collaboration with the Managing Director and Programming Director in a horizontal model of leadership overseen by the Board of Directors. The Festival Director’s primary role will be to organize, produce, and promote the 11-day Vancouver Latin American Film Festival, as well as manage other special events leading up to the festival.
Ideal candidates must possess proven arts event and business management experience, as well as knowledge of the local, national, and international Latin American and Indigenous film arts communities.
Position dates: April 1 – September 30, 2022
Compensation: $15,000 – $16,200 for 6-month contract.
- Organize and manage programs and activities for the 20th Anniversary edition of VLAFF in accordance with the mission, values, and goals of the organization
- Act as the liaison with sponsors and major partners, negotiate existing and new contracts, ensure contract obligations are fulfilled in terms of logo placement, social media mentions, and recognition
- Introduce and welcome audiences to films and events both in-person and online, facilitate Q&As (as needed), attend events/dinners, participate in media interviews
- Create and implement a media strategy with the marketing team to promote the films and activities of the 20th VLAFF and assist in promoting events through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and the VLAFF e-newsletter
- Write press releases and set up interviews (radio/podcasts/online journals/newspapers)
- Write, proofread, and upload content for the VLAFF website
- Collaborate on setting the festival schedule for all screenings, dialogues, and events
- Assist with coordination of program guide/brochure production, and other marketing-related materials and merchandise
- Oversee management of the Box Office and membership sales
- Coordinate Community Partnerships outreach program
- Work with Programming Director to ensure timely delivery of all DCPs, slide reels, and files to the venues
- Coordinate technical requirements for screenings and events
- Provide Volunteer Coordinator with program details to assemble appropriate volunteer support
- Oversee and manage the festival budget
- Assist with grant writing and researching new funding opportunities
- Assist with tracking and payment of invoices, and other business administration
- Work with Managing Director to provide accounting reports to the Board of Directors
- Work with Programming Director to invite filmmakers and guests (within travel budget)
- Secure restaurant and hotel sponsorships and discounts for guests
- Oversee coordination of special events, including Opening and Closing Night parties
- Manage donor outreach and appreciation
- Assist with 20th Anniversary fundraising initiatives
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program and organizational strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Provide reports on attendance, revenue, audience feedback, and social media statistics
- Manage a team of seasonal staff with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Ensure organizational goals are met in areas such as accessibility, safety, inclusivity, performance, and proactive embodiment of respectful workplace values
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 3 years experience organizing film or arts festivals
- Previous experience volunteering or working with arts organizations and/or BIPOC organizations
- Dedicated interest in Latin American and Indigenous media arts and culture
- Strong public speaking skills and public relations experience
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative leadership model and decision-making
- Community-minded with versatile communication and interpersonal skills rooted in integrity and respect for others
- Adept with the use of a range of software including: Google Suite, Office Suite (Word, Excel), WordPress, Zoom, Constant Contact, Elevent (or other) Box Office System, CineSend streaming platform, Vimeo, FilmFreeway, WhatsApp.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/Portuguese-English) or multi-lingual.
This is an Independent Contractor position with variable hours. During the three weeks just prior to and including the festival, the Festival Director will be required to work seven days/week. During the rest of the contract, the Festival Director will have the option to work from home or at the VLAFF office and to schedule their own hours in collaboration and consultation with the rest of the staff.
Please send a cover letter and resumé to the VLAFF Hiring Committee at email@example.com. We will begin reviewing resumés and conducting interviews from February 1 onwards until the position is filled.
Final Deadline: February 28, 2022
Please send your application by clicking the “website” link above. Don’t forget to mention where you heard about this position (Classificados Jornal Brasil Vancouver).
Não deixe de dizer ao anunciante que você soube deste produto através dos Classificados do Jornal Brasil Vancouver. Preço e disponibilidade do item podem ter sido alterados desde a data de publicação. Em caso de qualquer informação incorreta, por favor, entre em contato com o anunciante, no caso de anúncios individuais, ou diretamente conosco, no caso de anúncios publicados por empresas (inclua o título e/ou endereço do anúncio).